Wednesday, July 13, 2011

5 weeks

The little man is 5 weeks old!  He was weighing in at 9 lbs 10 oz as of Monday, but still remains long ane lean like his Daddy.  I think (or maybe I am just willing it) that I am seeing some of me in him the older he gets, but there is still no denying that he looks like Jeremy. 

On a side note....
I received a letter in the mail yesterday from Catholic Family Services.  It said that our turn has finally come up to begin the home study process in preparation for adoption.  I remember when I made that call to get on the list which was over a year and a half ago.  We were in such a different place at that time.  I had been told that the chances of me having a biological child were slim to none; devastation was an understatement for our feelings back then.  Fast forward to June 6th, 2011.  I can't begin to tell you the overwhelming emotions of the day.  At 5:37 pm I was holding in my arms what most believed would never be possible.  It just goes to show you the power of prayer and perseverance, and to always believe that the seemingly impossible CAN be possible.  All the months of crazy diets, acupuncture, herbal teas, pills, shots, ultrasounds, blood work, and procedures were worth it because we got Andrew in the end. 

Jeremy and I are so lucky to have him in our lives, and that we get to be his parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment