Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Emerald verus Pearl

This is what I have been telling Jeremy the past few weeks.  Either this baby will be an emerald or a pearl depending on if he/she comes in May or June!!! So now for the update, or the lack there of in my case.  At today's appointment Dr. T said I was still just 2 cm dilated, but maybe I was a bit more effaced.  Baby is for sure head down as she noted that he/she is so low that I am probably pretty uncomfortable.  She is right on that one! 

Since my BP is still good 100/60 today, weight gain is good, and urine is good then she does not feel a need to induce.  She is headed out of town from Saturday until next Wednesday for a little vacation, so I won't see her again until next Thursday.  Now, it is always a possibility that Baby Owen could decide to come before then, but I really feel like he/she is content and won't make an appearance unless provoked!  So, we will plan to see her next Thursday which puts me one day past my due date of June 1st.  If we make it to this appointment we will probably go ahead and choose to set a date for induction as I will be 40 weeks and a day.  She likes to do her inductions on Monday as she is on call those days, so that would put us on to be induced June 6th! 

So until then I will wait, remain mildly uncomfortable, and continue to potty what seems like every 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment