Wednesday, January 25, 2012

33 weeks and our 1st Ear Infection

Little buddy had been fighting another round of snotty nose and cough for the past few days.  I knew it would only be a matter of time before it got to his ears.  Monday, we got a call from daycare saying that he had a fever of 101.  Jeremy went to go get him and we just made it in to see the pediatrician before they closed for the day.  By the time I got there, poor little guy was passed out on Jeremy's shoulder.  When they took his temperature at the doctor's office it had gotten to 102!  The immediately gave him some Motrin and the doctor confirmed my suspicions of an ear infection.  Both ears were infected, with the right one being a little worse than the left.  A prescription for good 'ol bubble gum Amoxicillin and we were on our way home. 
 
My first prescription

Passed out in my carseat after getting home from the doctor


It is so hard seeing your child sick for the first time.  I know this will be the first of many illnesses over the years, but that doesn't make it any easier on me!  He is doing much better now, and finally has a little bit of an appetite back.  We don't want him to loose those chunky monkey thighs!  In other news, I am a little disappointed that Amoxicillin for children no longer is pink.  I mean, come on, it is a bubble gum flavor so therefore it should be pink!

Moving on.....I have fallen in love with a new baby food.  We have been feeding him the Gerber Stage 1 foods, which he has loved, but I thought when we moved up to stage 2 foods we should try something a little different.  Tyler Florence, a Food Network chef, has come out with a new line of all organic baby food.  The combinations are great and Andrew really seems to like the food.  I would highly recommend it to any Moms out there. 



Yummy!!

So, all in all it has been an eventful week so far.  Jeremy and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage on February 2nd, and we had both of our birthdays in January.  We are hoping to get out to have a celebratory dinner for all the above events.  It has been a wonderful 4 years, and I look forward to many many more to come!







No comments:

Post a Comment